Teriyaki Dove Kabob Recipe
Marinating the dove breasts in lemon-lime soda gives the meat a citrus kick, sure to delight your taste buds
By: Benny Spies
Prep time: 20-28 hours
Cook time: 20 mins
- 20-30 cleaned dove breasts, separated from the breast plate
- Lemon-lime soda
- Soy sauce and/or teriyaki sauce
- Green, yellow and red peppers
- Kabob sticks
1. Clean dove breasts and separate from the bone. Soak in lemon-lime soda for 8-12 hours. When finished soaking, marinate the meat in teriyaki or soy sauce for 12-16 hours.
2. Soak skewers in water for 20-30 minutes to avoid scorching.
3. Slice bell peppers and mushrooms to fit the skewers.
4. Cut dove breasts into smalll, 1-inch thick pieces.
5. Prepare skewers with vegetables and dove meat. Spiral the bacon slices around each individual skewer, covering the meat and vegetables.
6. Place on grill and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until desired doneness.
via Game & Fish http://ift.tt/Up4Fgi
September 1, 2017 at 01:31PM