Venison Burger with BBQ Sauce Recipe
Flip these patties more than once, seasoning with salt, pepper and BBQ sauce, for a mouth-watering venison burger
By: Mike Hanback
Serves: 6 burgers
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 2 pounds ground venison (sub ground elk, moose or beef if desired)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned sea salt (I prefer “Johnny’s Jamaica Me Crazy” brand)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Ground pepper to taste
- 6 hamburger rolls
- 6 slices of cheese
1. Pre-heat gas grill or burn charcoal to medium-high (10 minutes for gas; let coals turn good and gray). Form meat into 6 patties. Spray grate with non-stick grilling oil.
2. Add patties and brush with BBQ sauce. Sprinkle patties with ground pepper to taste. Close lid and grill 4-5 minutes.
3. Open lid, flip burgers and repeat step two with sea salt, pepper and sauce. The best deer burger you will ever grill will be done in another 4-5 minutes!
Tip from Burgermeister Luke Strommen: “Most of the time it’s best to flip a burger only once — that’s what the pro foodies say — but with these burgers, I like to sneak in after 2-3 minutes, flip the patties again and add more seasoned salt, pepper and BBQ sauce. If you flip these burgers four times instead of two, they have twice the zest.”
via Game & Fish http://ift.tt/Up4Fgi
September 1, 2017 at 12:01PM