Wild Turkey White Chili Recipe
Get your lean protein in soup-style with this wild turkey and white chili recipe
By: Scott & Tiffany Haugen
Scott and Tiffany Haugen, authors of Cooking Big Game Birds, give you this Wild Turkey White Chili recipe right in time for turkey season.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds turkey, ground or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½-1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 7-ounce cans diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon green Tabasco sauce
- 6 cups turkey/chicken stock or broth
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini or white beans
- 1 cup instant or real mashed potatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
1. In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat, 2-3 minutes.
2. Add turkey and seasonings, sautéing and cook an additional 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients except lime juice, and simmer at least 30 minutes. Remove from heat, add lime juice and serve.
4. To slow cook in a crock pot, sauté ingredients as directed and then add meat mixture, chilies, hot sauce, broth, beans and potatoes to the crock pot. Simmer on low 1-3 hours.
via Game & Fish http://ift.tt/Up4Fgi
October 3, 2017 at 10:30AM