Seared Duck in Sweet Guinness Honey Sauce Recipe
Slices of seared duck breast are drizzled in a wonderful, sweet Guinness honey sauce
Respecting every animal I harvest is important to me and a big part of that process is creating a meal I can enjoy and share with others, like this Seared Duck in Sweet Guinness Honey Sauce Recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
- 2 mallard breasts, plucked
- 1 cup Guinness Stout Beer
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped thyme
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour Guinness in a small saucepan. Whisk in brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, thyme, cloves, and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer while you prepare the duck.
3. Trim duck breasts by removing excess membrane from the inside and scoring the fat side in criss-cross fashion. Season duck with salt and pepper.
4. Place duck breasts, skin-side down, in a hot skillet and cook until skin has browned. Flip duck breasts over and place in oven for 30 minutes.
5. While the duck is in the oven, add stock to the simmering sauce and bring it up to a rapid boil. Let sauce reduce until it nicely coats the back of a spoon.
6. Remove duck breasts from oven and pour off any excess fat. Add Guinness sauce to the pan and deglaze.
7. Shut off heat, add butter and shake the pan to blend. Strain sauce and drizzle it over sliced duck to serve.
via Game & Fish http://ift.tt/Up4Fgi
November 29, 2017 at 03:56PM