Balsamic Cranberry Duck Recipe
Tender and juicy duck breasts with a sweet and sour balsamic cranberry sauce
By: Scott Leysath, “The Sporting Chef”
Slice duck breasts and serve over the balsamic cranberry sauce and a bed of grilled veggies.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 6-8 large duck breast half fillets
- 2 cups dry red wine
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Add wine, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and sugar to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add cranberries and simmer until cranberries soften. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust flavor to suit your own taste. If the sauce is too tart, stir in a little sugar. Too sweet, add a little more vinegar. You get the idea.
3. Season duck breasts liberally with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
4. Add duck breasts and sear on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip over to brown other side until breasts are rare to medium-rare.
5. Remove breasts from skillet and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Slice duck breasts thinly across the grain. Spoon a little sauce on each plate and shingle breast slices over sauce.
via Game & Fish http://ift.tt/Up4Fgi
December 4, 2017 at 02:18PM