Bacon-Wrapped Poussin Recipe
By: Tom Minchella
Complete this bacon-wrapped poussin meal with a side of oven-roasted okra.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 5 hours
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water, chilled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 whole poussin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four slices smoked bacon
2. Remove the Poussin from the brine and pat dry. Rub the olive oil over the poussin and then season with the salt and pepper. Wrap the poussin with the bacon.
3. Roast in a preheated 375-degree oven until golden and juices run clear, about 45 minutes to one hour. Remove from oven.
via Game & Fish http://ift.tt/Up4Fgi
December 7, 2017 at 03:31PM